Friday, May 9, 2008

Reaver Jet Bike Conversion (Part 3)

As can be seen from the picture, I've done some work on the 'rear' canopy. The canopy was too wide and flat for my liking, so I carefully cut it in half and glued it back together on the other edge. This gave me the shape I was looking for. I filled in the holes with green stuff since I had no use for holes along the spine of the canopy. Originally, I was not going to add a blade as in the above picture, but considering that the Raider has such a large rear structure (and even the battle fleet gothic Dark Eldar ship has a massive rear structure), I thought I should add something there to maintain a Dark Eldar 'look'. Taking one half of the small blades, I gave it the same treatment as for the large blades, and filed it down and cut out a section. Unfortunately, while the blade itself look quite nice, I am left with the feeling that it is just too small. Thinking again of the other Dark Eldar vessels, size does matter. Not only that, but the small blade makes the canopy look a little like the tail of a ordinary aeroplane. So now I am left torn between leaving it as it is or ripping this small blade off and putting something bigger there. The canopy needs much more work done to it (like using green stuff to put some plating back on), but for now I will leave the canopy as it is until I make some hard decision about this back blade.

No comments: