Thursday, May 8, 2008

Reaver Jet Bike Conversion (Part 2)



The 'heavy weapon platform' segments have been added to the Reaver main segment. I have also added the large blades and two of the thrusters. From above, the front now looks a little like an epic sized Falcon. But that's OK, as Eldar and Dark Eldar would be expected to have similar elements. With the large blades, I filed the supporting struts down so that they were only slightly thicker than the blades themselves (since I did not want chunky struts). Of course, this removed the detail. So I added detail back by cutting out sections and drilling a few holes. This gives a similar 'look' to the blades and rear fin of the Dark Eldar Raider model. The leading edges of the blade struts have also been rounded, while the trailing edges have been left square. The thrusters were not used as is. I cut off the front of each thruster at an angle (as I did not need the intakes), and carefully curved the edges of these cuts to give a natural look. They were then glued to round pieced of sprue (also cut at an angle), and glued to the Reaver main segment. I have not worried about pinning anything since the parts are light plastic, and when green stuff is added to fill gaps and smooth transitions, the bonds seem strong enough.

No comments: