Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reaver Jet Bike Conversion (Part 4)

I cut off the slanted part of the tip of the Bright Lance and replaced it with half of the final thruster, using a little greenstuff to improve the transition. I cut off the other end of the Lance close to the ridged undersection of the weapon, and glued it so that the centre axis of the barrel was in line of where the blades would normally attach to the Reaver section. I then cut in half what was left of the underside of the heavy weapon platform, and used greenstuff to attach the two pieces to just behind the seat. I also used greenstuff to attach part of the heavy weapon gun support. I held the canopy where it would be so as to best position these pieces (the canopy had a natural position where it happily sat on the barrel - what luck). Using greenstuff to attach the pieces allowed me to adjust the position of the pieces before the greenstuff set. After some rounding of edges and filling gaps and transitions with greenstuff, I ended up with what you can see above. I had not initially planed to use the gun support part, as even in the above picture, it is a little bulbous in that position. However, looking at it, it looked like a mechanical version of the painting - 'The Scream' (Well, to my warped imagination it did). So I thought it would look very appropriate being a part of a Dark Eldar jetbike. When it comes to painting it, I will try and highlight this as a distinctive feature.

No comments: