Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Reaver Jetbike Rider


Knowing that I wanted to have at least one unit of jetbikes in my Dark Eldar force, I knew that the rider could not be entirely the same as my warriors. He needed to be more aero-dynamic. As you can see from the bluetac assembled conversion, this Reaver Jetbike rider has a helmet not unlike my very first Eldar warrior, except that the helmet and spikes are swept back. You can probably also see that the intakes for the 'back-pack' of the enviro-suit are angled up. In fact the whole 'back-pack' looks to drop away. While this looks strange while the rider is standing, when he is leaning forward with his head held looking up, it all makes perfect sense. Of course, I could not make the back spikes the same as for the ground warriors, as they would not be streamline and they would interfere with the swept back helmet. So this rider has smaller spikes. They point downwards, but when the rider is leaning forward, the spikes will trust back like small pointy wings. Once again, I imagine that these would also serve as second-line weapons, except they would become two single hand weapons rather than a large two-handed weapon. This guy actually looks more nasty than the original Reaver rider. So far, this is the only Reaver jetbike rider I have made.

No comments: