Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Blog Beginning

After seeing some other blogs, I decided to start one of my own. At least I can put all my thoughts on a particular topic all in one place. This particular blog will be dedicated to the Eldar (and the Dark Eldar in particular). Originally I was attracted to the Eldar because I wanted an army that 'looked' futuristic. Craftworld Eldar appealed to me straight away, with it's powerfull pychers and anti-grav ships/bikes. I liked the concept of the Warp Spiders, with their ability to teleport via the warp to other locations. Problem is, only the Warp Spiders could do this. But the Dark Eldar could effectively have almost their whole army materialize, although via a webway portal instead. So both kinds of Eldar appeal to me. For Craftworld Eldar, the Saim Hann appeal to me most, as I like the look of jetbikes and vypers (as well as the speed). For Dark Eldar, a webway portal Kabal force is what appeals most. Also, a Dark Eldar army is simialr to a Saim Hann army in terms of speed. In the end, I decided to favour the Dark Eldar, since they are played the least. But I do have a small Saim Hann force.

For the time being, I intend to use this blog to show some example of the models I am working on. Initally, my models will be works in progress, and so is this blog.

No comments: