Saturday, October 11, 2008

First Painted Warrior

While I had converted this warrior long long ago, he finally got a paint job. In fact, at this stage he is the only one of my Dark Eldar models that now is. Why did I paint him these colors. Well blue is the colour on the codex and sickly purple for the face plate and gun due to an image of a dark eldar that was published in White Dwarf. Not the best of reasons for color choice, but i thought I would try it and see. Unfortunately, with the release of codex Space Marines at this time, I was kind of regreting the blue due to all of the Ultra Marine images I was seeing. I also am not keen on the way I painted the face plate and gun, since it makes him look a little Nurglish, even though the Dark Eldar would deal in toxins. Sadly for this warrior, I think he is going to remain alone with this paint scheme. At this stage, I am not sure what scheme I should adopt for my force, so I will put it on the back boiler for awhile, as I have plenty of other things to work on. But to any who might read this, I would appreciate any comments or thoughts.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy looks great. Really nice colour scheme and the conversion is also very affective.

Anonymous said...

I dig the colour man. All my Dark Eldar are a really dark blue. Even with the Ultramarines being so prevalent, with the proper highlighting, the blues can look completely different. From the pic, it looks like your Dark Eldar are sufficiently darker than a typical Ultramarine.

Vincent Fong said...

i like how your army is turning up. the color scheme looks great! can't wait to see you paint the converted reaver bike!

dzer0 said...

I have never been a huge fan of the purple in Dark Eldar/Elves but you make it look great here. I am anxious to see a whole unit together.